The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). That will be in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to Impartial Investigations.
What information is being collected?
We collect a variety of information before, during and after you engage with Impartial Investigations and use any of our services.
- Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) placing an order with and person(s) using our services.
- Also, names (and in some cases ages and gender) of all participants of an assignment.
- Details and notes taken throughout an assignment or service provided to help us remember conversations during and details of your findings.
- If you email us or send us messages via social media, these messages are stored within our email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
Who is collecting the data? This data is being collected by the principals of Impartial Investigations. We use password-protected data management software to hold our data.
How is it being collected?
The majority of our data is collected directly from you, our customer. That is whether you fill out a form for us online, or tell us face-to-face, via the telephone, via email or other message. However, in some cases, data may be given to us by a third party, such as clients. In that case, they will usually provide us with your name and details to allow us to process their order, and provide our service to you or to them.
Why is it being collected?
Most of the data we collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered. That is because some of the data we collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience. We store certain information relating to any order you place with us by law.
How will it be used?
The data we collect will only be used by Impartial Investigations. This is to enable us to provide our services and products to you. You can unsubscribe when contact data, such as email addresses, may be used to send you direct offers and news from Impartial Investigations’ upcoming promotions or newsletters. Impartial Investigations may internally analyse data for business and forecast purposes.
Who will it be shared with?
We take your privacy seriously. We do not sell your data to third party organisations. Some of your data may be shared with third parties. That will be to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
- Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow us to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared may include Name, Address and, in some cases, email address / mobile number).
- We will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a Court Order to do so.
How will this affect you?
Impartial Investigations stores and processes your data in such a way that it should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
How long is the data stored?
We store most data indefinitely. This is to allow us to provide a better service to you as a customer in the event that you contact us again in the future. We are legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time.
Access to stored data
If you have any questions about the data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us. As well as trying to help you directly, you may request a copy of any data we store about you and we will also comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like any clarification on how we collect, store or process your data – please contact us directly. If you would like further information on the legal guidelines we operate within, or have any concerns about how we use your data, please check the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk.
D J Harris and J Maciver t/a Impartial Investigations own and operate the business. The principal place of business is at: Impartial Investigations, 31 Telford Gardens, Inverness IV3 5LG. You may contact us in writing to the above address, or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4 February 2021