Services by Impartial Investigations
Services we provide include workplace and other investigations where we carry out professional interviewing. It is important that these investigations are carried out fairly. There are established rules for conducting workplace investigations and they stress the importance of using independent personnel.
- Standard Investigations (by phone, email or video link) General enquiries are generally done by telephone. For example, an employer may give us the names and contact details of everyone to contact and interview. We call each individual to make an appointment for a phone / video link interview. Employees may call us back later on a Freephone 0800 number.
- Investigative Interviews (face-to-face) These carefully-structured interviews can vary in duration – depending on the client’s instructions. Open-ended fact-finding interviews with the employees are best. Moreover, we conduct them according to the guidance of the Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS). We use ACAS recommended plan and report templates. If asked in the terms of reference before we begin to make a recommendation about taking the matter forward or not, we will do so.
Can include verification of driving record, financial status, educational achievements, professional qualifications, etc. Also close scrutiny of references and interviews with referees. In addition, we can check criminal records in some cases. Avoiding bad hires can save your organisation a lot of time and trouble. So, just send us the CV. Checks for exaggerations or downright lies will be done. This service has found convicted fraudsters applying for jobs with financial responsibilities.
List of services
- General enquiries (fact-finding)
- Fraud investigations (Scotland)
- Background checking
- Interviewing witnesses and evidence gathering
- People tracing
- Long-lost families (UK and worldwide)
- Mystery hotel guest programmes (comprehensive in Scotland)
- Re-investigations of unsolved incidents
- Historic and cold cases
- Challenging debts due to fraud
- Formal letters and other communications
- Other assignments – depending on resources and timing. Ask for details.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do we do? We are private investigators, often also called private detectives. We gather information and report to you. Secondly, our specialised knowledge and experience gets us information that most members of the public do not have the know-how to get. Thirdly, finding who has the answers and asking them questions is what we do.
How can we hire you? Just get in touch and see if we can help. We require the client to send us written instructions (the form on the Contact Page, or by email is fine). Of course, we will ask if you wish to continue if the desired result is not achieved when the Fee Limit is reached.
How much are your fees? We just charge for our time, plus any expenses, on most assignments. See the Prices page. However, we will agree to a Conditional Fee Arrangement (often known as No Win, No Fee) in some cases, such as finding Missing Persons.
Why do I need a private investigator? You should leave sensitive enquiries to someone independent who has experience. In other words, getting directly involved yourself is often not a good idea.
When will you update me? As often as you like. Similarly, if you are happy with verbal or digital updates, we will phone or text you with results immediately.
Does Impartial Investigations ever work for free? Yes. It depends on the job. Also, the client’s circumstances, any other work we have in progress and what we think is the right thing to do.
See our Rates page.
Get in touch now at Contact Us.
Tracing, tracing agent, find a person, locate a person, people finder